Friday, 17 October 2014

dig me up ;

You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground

 Time passes like a hand waving from a moving train, trying to say goodbye to all the things it has lost ; sometimes, I can even feel the weight of my could-have-been realities straining my bones. The people I know slowly become the people I knew, and I eventually forget about them.

 Sometimes, they drift in my sleep, whispering in the void, ghosts with just faces I don’t recognise anymore. In my dreams, nothing’s real, nothing’s solid – but I feel like I’m living a life that’s already gone by. People shift your center of gravity, and then they let you on your own, suspended between realities. People are poison infiltrating in your lungs and blood. Once you breathe them, there’s no going back.


 My life is only an endless list of names that now are meaningless – either they abandoned me, either I had to leave them. I can’t even recall the color of their eyes. But , at some time in my life they defined me, shaped me into who I am. If so , why hadn’t I had that same impact on their lives as well?

1 comment: